Getting the best from your candle
A few pointers to help you get the most out of burning your candles
- The first time you light your candle, it's important to allow it to become molten right to the edge. As a general rule, burn the candle a minimum of 3 hours the first time.
- for larger wide candles of 10-15 cm diameter burn for a minimum of 4-5 hours on the first lighting.
- Trim the candle wick to 5mm each time you light your candle. This stops smoking and dripping, creates an even burn pattern and your candle will last longer too.
- When using our new votive candles, there is no need to place a teaspoon of water in the glass cup before each new candle, they will completely burn away!
- Always place your candles on a candle holder or heat resistant base. This stops colour leeching and scorching and will catch any potential leaking wax.
- Remember to remove all labels prior to burning.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Burn candles away from soft furnishings and other combustibles.
- Keep burning candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Candle holders are NOT dishwasher safe!
You can download a copy of our Candle Care brochure below